Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back to Blogging... FINALLY... I hope!

Okay, okay... I know I've been MIA in the blog world for a while now, but now it's June and I'm hoping to keep this going. I didn't even make one post during the entire month of May and only 2 since Rebekah was born. I even missed my one year "blogging anniversary," but I was a bit preoccupied that day with more "pressing" matters! (It's so sad, I know. But I'm planning to catch up, I really am... one day.) I truly admire my blogging friends who have had a baby and just kept right on going with their blog like nothing had happened. I didn't think it was going to be so difficult, but we've had other things going on, too...


Besides feeding Rebekah every 3 hours, changing two kids' diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., we had to do some major cleaning in what we've called the "conversion room" since we moved in (since that's the room that was converted from a garage into an extra room). I guess we could start calling it the "library" now since all our books are in there in one place, but old habits die hard.


Anyway, we just got through celebrating Matt's parents' 40th anniversary with all his siblings. I'll probably do a separate blog post about this momentous occasion. This was actually the first time all of them had been together since the Thanksgiving before James was born (although we'd just found out I was pregnant with James even though we didn't tell anybody until Christmas). We had an awesome time with everyone and we were actually able to pull off a HUGE surprise for his parents since they didn't know Steve or Melanie were coming at all. More to come with pics on that soon...


Rebekah is really growing quickly... she's already 16 weeks old today!!! She's entering that really fun stage where she's more aware of us and she smiles, laughs, coos, and pretty much oozes cuteness! She's a great baby and definitely different than James, especially in the eating department, which has been great since Day 1. I'll have to do a separate post on her, too, with some more details and pictures to make up for my lost time in blogging world.


It's so hard to believe in a little over a month James will be 3 years old! I can barely remember what life was like before he joined our family. It's funny how that happens so quickly. To fall so deeply in love with these little people in such a short amount of time. It's awesome! James pretty much talks nonstop with the exception of naptime (which we're still holding on to as long as possible!) and bedtime. And, he's actually pretty easy to understand most of the time. He still loves reading, playing outside, and wrestling with daddy. As with Rebekah, I'll do a more complete update post on James, too.

Matt still loves his job working with the police department. He's going on 2 years now as an officer... wow, time flies! There hasn't been as much excitement lately, but I guess that could be a good thing. We still get a really good story every once in a while, though.

Well, I've gotta get to bed, but I wanted to get this update out and let you know I was still planning on keeping this blog up. I just need to get back into the groove again... and do this instead of getting on facebook all the time. Goodness that can be addicting sometimes!

No pictures this time but the next several posts will be full of pics... I promise!

2 comments:

Erika :-) said...

I totally understand the blogging thing!! I've gotten so bad at it lately, especially since it's so easy to just get onto Facebook!! Seems like it's been forever since I talked to you! Keep your fingers crossed that we'll do a FL trip this fall :-)

Erin said...

Glad you are back!!