Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day 2009

I just want everyone to know that...

(as it simply states in pink on my new favorite t-shirt)

I also want to take this opportunity to tell you just a few reasons why I love him...

* He works so hard for our family so that I can stay home with James and Rebekah.
* He not only works full time, but he continues taking classes online with UCF toward his degree.
* He plays cars with James or complies with his request "Daddy wants to wrestle on the bed with Bear & Doggie" even when he's dead tired.
* He gets up for church on Sunday mornings after working all night on Saturday and only resting his eyes for an hour when he comes home.
* He helps me out around the house and gives James his bath almost every night so I can tend to the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen.
* He is patient with my post-pregnancy (x2), scattered, often forgetful self and loves me in spite of my flaws (which are many).
* He is a wonderful dad and husband and I am so fortunate to have married my best friend.

Last Father's Day was an eventful one for us because it's the day I told Matt I was pregnant again. I had a feeling I was pregnant, but hadn't confirmed it yet so after he'd left for work that Saturday night I took a test. When I was sure it was positive (which didn't take long at all), I wrote in his Father's Day card a note and a little poem:

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
How'd you like to be
a Daddy (x2)???

That morning, when he came home, I gave him his card and I'll never forget the look on his face when he read those words! He was in total shock, and he kept asking me, "Are you sure?!" It was awesome and it was the perfect Father's Day present (although I'm glad I was able to give him something else this year on Father's Day)! Last night he even asked me if he was going to get a big surprise this year on Father's Day, too... and I assured him he wasn't. I think he was relieved.
Happy Father's Day, Babe! I love you today more than I did exactly 6 1/2 years ago when I married you!

2 comments:

Matthew Cochrane said...

For the record I didn't make her post this or buy her that shirt. She did both voluntarily - I swear!

The only other thing I would add is that if you only highlighted someone's better qualities and looked past their many faults anyone could come out looking good.

Thanks babe! Love you much!

Stephen Cochrane said...

This was a sweet post.