Well, I'll admit this probably should have been started a while ago (like after James was born and I was trying to
email everyone pictures and updates on him every month). I realize those stopped a long time ago... but really I have no excuse because I am, after all, a stay-at-home mommy who sits around eating bon-bons all day, polishing my finger and toe nails. That is what stay-at-home mommies do, isn't it? Ha, ha! NOT quite! And, for those of you who have the privilege of being stay-at-home mommies as well, you know how incredibly tiring... but, of course, also how incredibly rewarding it is to stay at home with your children.
A bit of history to see how I got to this point....
Matt and I didn't think I would be staying at home with James fulltime until
this year, but a day trip to Key West when James was just 2 months old (yes, we were CRAZY to do that!) and a conversation we had in the car changed everything. We'd had some issues with James eating routine and it proved to be a bit more challenging than any of us had anticipated. You see, he liked to do what we called "sleep-eating". He would eat for about 5 minutes, then stop because he'd be falling asleep! We tried everything from constantly patting him, to undressing him, to putting cool cloths on his bare skin,... and even resorted at times to "the wake-up dance"... none of which James usually care too much for. =o) (Needless to say, it was a long, hard road but he's come a long way since then!) So, we decided about a month before I was to return to teach my second grade class that I was going to stay at home with James instead of returning to work fulltime. Then after he was about 6 months old, I'd substitute occasionally to keep my feet wet and to keep my connections with friends there... not to mention the bit of extra income it would give us.

So, I have missed out on putting some great stories on the blog as James has grown up, but I may occasionally reminisce as I blog on into the future just so I can capture those memories, too. Please feel free (and maybe even a bit
obligated) to occasionally leave comments so I don't feel as if I'm writing to no one. Also, it will let me see who's checking up on how we're doing, whether family member, friend, or complete stranger who just happened to come across the blog. =o)
7 comments:
Karen! So glad you're blogging! I wish I did, but I don't. But I love being able to keep up with my friends' lives through their blogs. Can't wait to hear more! :)
Love your blog! It's written just the way you talk. Can't wait to read the updates on your family!
This is great Karen! With Matt's schedule even those of us close by do not get to see enough of your precious family. It will be great to see James even if it is through pictures! We love you guys!
I didn't even know what a blog was a year and a half ago. Now I know....what a great way to share with family and friends who live far away. (And who can resist pictures of James?!!!
Karen, I can't believe how big James is getting! This blog is the next best thing to coming down to visit. At some point in time, I'll have to get in on the technology, too. Love ya!
Keep the updates coming Karen! Thanks for passing on your site address! Hope you all are doing well in Florida. James has really gotten big :) Take care!
Hey Karen! James is getting so big! Glad to see you have a blog!
Post a Comment