(Yes, I will be post-dating (?) this since we were about to move and life was a bit crazy at the time I went to this particular doctor's visit.)
Today I went to see Dr. Garzon for my regular monthly baby checkup. I am 15 weeks 4 days along. I haven't felt the baby move yet, but I figure it might be sometime soon. I'll have to look back to see when I actually felt James move for the first time. I do remember I felt him before Matt could, but Matt would put his ear on my belly when I'd say I was feeling something and he said he could actually hear something, which I thought was pretty cool. Eventually, he felt something too with his ear pressed up against my belly. Back to this baby, though...
At the doctor's office, I waited for a bit and then they brought me back for weight and blood pressure and fillin' up a cup. (I'd had a bit of a stomach bug on and off for a couple weeks, so I'd lost 5 lbs. but everything was fine.) Then I waited some more out in the big waiting room and they called me back. Then I waited some more in the room for Dr. Garzon. You know, there's alot of "waiting" involved when you go to a doctor's office... =oP
So, finally, Dr. Garzon came in armed with the Doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat. She first asked me how I was doing, of course, and talked to me for a bit. Then as she was putting on some "goo" she said it may still be a little hard to find the heartbeat with the Doppler. She found my heartbeat a couple times but we couldn't find the baby's, so she asked one of the ladies to bring the ultrasound machine to the room so we could take a look.
She found the little rascal pretty quickly... haha, he/she couldn't totally hide in there! The baby was really moving around a lot while we were looking, too, so that was cool. I couldn't feel anything yet, though, even seeing all the movement on the screen. I was relieved to see the strong heartbeat and a healthy baby. Because I haven't been sick at all and haven't really grown all that much yet, sometimes I even wonder if I'm really pregnant. Seeing the baby in there definitely makes it more real! Too bad the printer on the ultrasound machine was broken so we couldn't get a picture of the little booger!
On the way out of the office, I stopped and made my appointment for the next time, when I'll have the ultrasound and we'll find out whether it's a brother or a sister for James!! We can't wait!! The next appointment will be on September 25th at 2:45. (Too bad my mom will be in Hungary with her dad and cousin!)
Any guesses on whether it's a boy or a girl? Get your guesses in now!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Yea! I'm glad to hear your appointment went well! I can't wait to hear whether James gets a baby brother or sister!!
I think it is a girl!
Thanks Tiffany for your prediction... any others? You've got less than a week now to get your predictions in... =o)
Well, Matt comes from a family where there were two boys and two girls; boy-girl-boy girl. You come from the same kind of 50% family, girl-boy. So, putting two + two together, I think James is going to be the big brother of a beautiful baby girl . . . could be, right?
I think it is a girl... and I think you'll name her Ashley Elizabeth. I know you are keeping the name a secret, whenever you decide... so I thought I'd get my guess in now =)
You've got a 50% chance of being right, Pops... =o) Em, you crack me up with your specific guess! I wanted to add that my grandfather (currently in Hungary with my mom) also thinks it's a girl. I think there's a pattern here... and either you're all right or you're all wrong! We'll see on Thursday... Any other guesses???
Boy from mom
Sent from my iPod
(all the way from Hungary!)
Post a Comment