Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crazy times!

Let me just start out by saying that I hope we don't have to move again for a VERY long time! We're not even though packing yet and I'm already sick of seeing boxes! We are definitely moving this weekend, though... and closing Friday, if not before. We were hoping to close last Friday, but because of stinkin' Fay hanging around the state of Florida for an eternity, they've put a freeze on new insurance policies. Our policy was already written before the storm hit, but it had the wrong date on it. Still don't know whose fault it is, but we weren't happy about it.


As soon as the storm moves off our state completely, we can change the date and hopefully close earlier than Friday. We'd like to paint the master bedroom and bathroom (really the only rooms that need painting) before we move in. Thankfully, nothing else really will have to be done, except some cleaning. It's going to be a CRAZY week... actually make that a crazy few weeks before we finally get everything settled in the new house.


James doesn't quite know what to make of all this. Poor guy. He knows something is going on, but he really has no idea what. We did tell him we're getting a new house, and ever since we told him that every once in a while out of the blue he comes out with the phrase, "I wanna new house!" He's been in the backyard of our new house, but he hasn't been inside yet. We already decided when we move in, we're going to try to get his room together first with all his toys and everything so he can start to feel a little more at home. It will already be a little weird for him because he's going to be moving out of the crib and into a "big boy bed." (Any advice from those of you who have already had that experience of moving your child to a big bed? Please share!)


And, finally, if anyone living down here in South Florida is interested in a nice, wood 4-piece entertainment center, let me know! It's approximately 6.5 ft. x 6.5 ft. with an opening that's a little over 3 ft. x 3.5 ft. It has two nice glass shelves on each side and has lights that make it nice to display things on them. We've got to find a new home for it by Friday since our new house has a built-in entertainment center. (Maybe I'll add a picture of it on here tomorrow, but it will be surrounded by boxes, of course.)


You know I can't do a blog post without inserting a picture of James. Just as a bit of background... James has been spending a little more time at both sets of grandparents' houses since his play space in our apartment is diminishing more and more by the minute. Yesterday he spent almost all day at Pops and Grandmommy's house while I was at a MOPS table leader meeting and then came home to pack, pack, pack. Well, after James got up from his nap, we got these pictures on our email prefaced by a comment from Pops: "finally figured out a quick way to clean him up!"







Needless to say, we had a good laugh when we saw it while taking a break from packing!

3 comments:

Erin said...

What an exciting week for you guys! Good luck with the move! As for the big boy bed-- we started with two bed rails to make Jack feel more enclosed like he was used to in the crib(one of those rails now lives at my parents'), tucked him in snugly, and voila, there he stayed. My theory is that the twin bed actually helped him- being a little bigger, it was harder to get out of! James will do great, I'm sure! What a sweet boy- and those pictures are hilarious!

Erika :-) said...

Congrats on the big move!! I can't wait to see pics of the new house and maybe come down for a visit next spring! We put bed rails on the sides of Chloe's bed when we transitioned her out of the crib. I think they help her feel more secure. She actually doesn't really need them now, but she likes them, so we still have them up. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hooray for a new house! I'm still looking forward to actually owning a home. A lot of work, I know, but still...It's yours!

As far as a big boy bed...We started Trey out on a twin mattress on the floor. I thought for sure he would get up and play, but he didn't. I guess part of that was because he has really consistent nap/bed times. Anyhow, he did "fall" out a couple of times, but no big deal. After a few weeks, we got the actual bed part (my dad built it) and he did great! He has only rolled out maybe twice. We thought about getting bed rails, but honestly we never got around to purchasing them. And soon discovered there wasn't any need for them (at least with Trey). I've been so impressed at how easily he made the transition. Hopefully James will be just as easy!