Thursday, August 7, 2008

Baby #2 Update

This pregnancy, thankfully, has gone as well so far as my pregnancy with James went. I haven't been sick at all, although there have been a few times where my stomach just hasn't felt "right" or where I've had definite aversions to some foods. My pants are getting a bit tighter, but I still haven't broken out the bin of maternity clothes. I'm trying to just hold off till we move, but I don't know that I'll last that long! I really don't feel pregnant, so I don't think that it has fully "sunk in" yet that we're going to have another baby. (Plus, in recent days, we've been a little pre-occupied with things related to buying the house and James' 2nd birthday.) Once we move and I start getting bigger and start feeling the baby move, I'm sure it will become more real to me.

Today we took one small step to this pregnancy being more real...

We went today for an early sonogram, which I didn't get to do with James, but that is now covered by insurance. It was a special sonogram to look for early signs of Down's Syndrome. It was so nice to get to see our little baby! The room was really cool because it had a huge screen right in front of us on the wall that showed us exactly what the sonographer was seeing on the screen in front of her. It was great because I didn't have to try to crane my neck to the side to see the baby. The sonographer also said the baby is about 2 inches long and we got to see and hear the heartbeat, which was 176 beats per minute! She said it was a very strong, healthy heartbeat. She found both arms/hands, one of which was propped up behind baby's head like he/she was just hangin' out all comfy and cozy inside mommy's tummy. We saw both legs/feet, too. She took some measurements and said the baby was measuring 12 weeks, 4 days old. I thought I was 12 weeks, 2 days so that's pretty close to what my doctor's office said. She also gave us some great pictures!

Check out our little 2 inch miracle:


Our next appointments will be at the end of the month, when I'll get to have another sonogram with more pictures!!! Yea!
-----------------------------------------------------
Update: Sadly, I found out that we will not be getting another sonogram at the end of the month, but I'll still be going to the doctor so I'll get to update just not with pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!, What a miracle!!!

Anonymous said...

yay! he/she is already beautiful! 176 is FAST! :) are you guys going to find out the sex? i'm so happy for you! :)

Karen said...

Oh, yes, we'll definitely find out! I'm not one of those people who likes to be surprised when the baby's born. If it's a girl, I want to have all kinds of girly clothes ready for her... and if it's a boy, well, we're pretty set, of course, because of James.

Erika :-) said...

I'm glad to hear your pregnancy is going well! I can't believe you're already at 12 weeks! Can't wait to see the updates and find out if you're having a boy or a girl!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, Karen! When is your due date again?