Thursday, April 3, 2008

Please pray for Tricia!!

Last night I was so excited to check one of my favorite blogs, Confessions of a CF husband, to find out they got a call that they had a match for a pair of new lungs for Tricia! Praise God! And, ironically, it actually happened on Nate's birthday... Happy Birthday Nate! God is so good! I don't even know this family, but I feel like I do since I read their blog every day. Also I think it's because of the special bond that all Christians have. I guess when you look at it that way, we kind of are related. =o)

I just read this morning that the surgery is complete after lasting pretty much all night. She's resting now in ICU. Please pray that these new lungs will work well and that her body will accept them and that she will soon be breathing comfortably on her own with her brand new lungs. (Also, please pray for the family who lost someone
so that Tricia could have another chance at life. They're probably going through a really difficult time right now.) Nate hasn't seen Tricia yet (as I'm writing this), but here are some amazing pictures he took last night of her with Gwyneth before she went into surgery...



And some more amazing pictures he took of himself with Gwyneth last night while he was waiting...




This one is my favorite!! So precious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, this is Torrey Robert's cousin. I found your blog awhile ago through a link on hers. Because of you I've been obsessively following Nate and Tricia's story like so many others. Just wanted to thank you for posting about them so I could be blessed with their story and share it with others in my life. Praise God for the new lungs! It's so amazing what God has done through their story and, like you said, how connected we feel because the faith in Christ we share.

Love
Elly (Johnson) West