Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday 2008

Today is such a special day! Easter Sunday... the day the friends and family of Jesus found his tomb empty! I love to get all dressed up on Easter Sunday morning; I always have... it was tradition in the Moose household to have a special "Easter outfit." Usually, my mom had spent countless hours finding the perfect material and the perfect pattern and she would actually make us matching Easter dresses! (When I got old enough that I actually had an opinion about what I wore, I got to help pick out the pattern and material, too. Sadly, and much to my own shame, I never actually sewed my own Easter dress... and I still don't sew except for the occasional button.)

Everything just seems different on this particular morning that comes once a year... newer, fresher, more alive, maybe! I love it in church on Easter Sunday morning when the pastor says, "He is RISEN!" and everyone echoes with, "He is risen, indeed!" This particular Easter morning happened to fall on my turn to work in the nursery, so I wasn't in the service to hear them say that, but I'm sure they did. He is risen... what powerful and meaningful words! He is not dead, in a tomb somewhere... He is ALIVE!

I want James to know this is a special day, too. He had a very special Easter outfit, thanks to the Hansens! (and even the shoes... thanks to Pops and Grandmommy!) Let me tell you, he looked sharp, too! (See proof in the pictures below!) I look forward to next year when we can start using the Resurrection Eggs to go through the Easter story with him. I'm sure we'll have him hunt for Easter eggs and give him an Easter basket, but he will know this special day is not about chocolate bunnies or jelly beans. It's about Jesus and the fact that He is RISEN!

Now for the adorable pictures you've all been waiting for... from past to present...

Easter 2006

Here we are... all 3 of us... James is just "hiding" in my belly still. He'd make his appearance about 3 months later and our lives would never be the same... =o)

Easter 2007

The Cochranes in front of the fountain at Coral Ridge.

Daddy & James on a very chilly Easter morning! Look at James' little red nose!


Dressed up for Easter picture in Pops & Grandmommy's backyard. James got this adorable outfit from one of my former students at Flamingo Road Christian Academy, Olivia Gonzalez, and her family.

Easter 2008

Easter morning in front of the fountain at Coral Ridge with Aunt Dee.

Dressed up all in purple, white, & black! Don't we look sharp?!


Matt and "mini-Matt!"

James lookin' good from head to toe! Such a cutie!

4 comments:

Erika :-) said...

You all look great!! Happy Easter to you!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Easter too! Probably me favorite holiday. :)

Your family looks so great! James is such a cutie.

(And I worked nursery at our church too...how funny is that?)

Ritter Recounts said...

You look beautiful. I cannot believe how long your hair is. I just chopped all of mine off - look soon for a picture of it on my blog. So glad you had a wonderful Easter

Unknown said...

We were away from home during Easter but it was great to be able to keep up with you guys through this site. Thanks for sharing all these pics with us.