This morning I went to Bible study and afterward went out for an impromptu lunch with a couple friends and their children to McDonald's (which was James' very first time, by the way!) He loved the chicken nuggets, apples, and cookies. He even got a new "guck" (truck) which he has added to his collection. =o)
As I was driving home, I started thinking about how blessed we are to have such awesome friends that encourage us and whom we can encourage as well. I'm so excited that our kids will (God-willing) grow up together and be friends for a long, long time. I was so blessed to have that growing up at Sheridan Hills and I think it makes a big difference in a child's life, so I pray that James will have lifelong friends like that as well.
After I put James down for his nap, my thoughts moved back to my "little boy" who joined our family 20 months ago. What a precious time in my life and what a blessing it is for me to be able to stay at home with him! Matt works incredibly hard so that we can have me at home with James right now (and any other children the Lord chooses to bless us with in the future). He's growing up so fast, too! It seems a new word comes out of his mouth every other day. He still dances any chance he gets and loves to play with his "gucks" and read his books. (Now he also loves to bring us books and look up with his adorable smile and say in his sweet voice, "Re?" It's pretty much impossible to resist that cute little boy with those big blue eyes! Needless to say, we've been reading a lot of books lately, and I wouldn't have it any other way...) He's very well-behaved most of the time, with the occasional tantrum slipped in for good measure. =o) Bedtime and naptime are still going wonderfully. (See this post if you don't know what I'm talking about.) His personality is really coming out sometimes, too, which is so fun to see! He loves to get attention, but what small child who thinks the world revolves around them doesn't love that? I'll close with some semi-recent pictures of my big 20-month-old "baby"... =o)
(2/26/08) Sitting happily on his new potty to pose for a picture... although we still haven't used it yet, he sometimes will sit on it. That's a good start, right? (I thought the TP next to him added a special touch to the picture, too.) =o)
(3/2/08) Ready for church one Sunday morning and looking sharp in his new 3-piece outfit from Grandmommy and Pops!
(3/6/08) Watching his first VeggieTales video while drinking Ovaltine and eating cookies before we get ready to start the bedtime routine. This has become a special once-a-week treat on Daddy's night off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since I didn't start the blog till James was a bit older, I'll be looking back to see what James was doing "just one year ago" at each month mark. Sooooo..... here's a look back...
James just one year ago at 8 months old...
No signs of crawling yet. He'd scoot forward by pushing with his left leg or roll wherever he wanted to go... and, let me tell you, he could get around!
Check out the leg rolls and small bald spot on the back of his head in this picture!
Still trying new foods was a lot of fun... and sometimes a little messy! (He still loves his green veggies!!)
James had started sitting up quite comfortably on his own. Isn't he so cute in his overalls?
James taking his last bath in his little tub in the sink. Once he discovered splashing, we had to set his tub in the big bathtub so he didn't get water all over my kitchen!


3 comments:
Oh, he's so handsome! I love the picture where he's dressed up for church- such a little man. It IS weird to think that it wasn't that long ago when we didn't have and know our kids-- when it's impossible to remember how it felt to NOT be Mommy! ...okay, that was a confusing sentence. I should really get to bed!
For the record, as the incredibly blessed husband of Karen, it is not a chore to work "incredibly hard" so Karen can stay home with James. Nor is it a sacrifice to not have a house or more and nicer things, because Karen is not working. Having Karen stay home with James has been an immense blessing and makes working a pleasure. I am just grateful God has provided for us so that she hasn't had to work outside of the home since James was born.
P.S. - You're doing a great job with the blog babe! Keep it up!
first i have to say what a terrific husband you have to say such sweet things to you... you are blessed and secondly - james is adorable and i know exactly what you are talking about. Nora just turned one and i cannot believe the baby stage is ending...so sad.
Post a Comment