A couple things happened recently that I thought were really cute...
Well, this one wasn't so recent, but it's happened again since, so it made me think about blogging about it. When we all went to the doctor's office for my 28 week sonogram recheck, we had to go on an elevator to get up to the correct floor. We told James we had to go on the elevator and he called it an "alligator." He is definitely a Florida boy who's been down to the Everglades so I guess it makes sense that "elevator" would equal "alligator" in what he hears. Today he called the "elevator" on his car garage the "alligator," which is what sparked this whole idea for a post.
In fact, another funny thing about alligators comes to mind. We have visited the Everglades a couple times, which I mentioned before, and we've had some close encounters with them there, so we heavily impressed upon James that he isn't to go near them because they can bite us. He has an alligator he sometimes plays with or will see a picture of an alligator and most times he will say, in the same breath, "Alligators bite, so we don't go near." At least we've established that living down here with all the water like canals where they could be hiding. I don't think we have to worry about him being eaten by an alligator.
James has been singing a lot more lately, which is really cute. The other day I heard him singing in his room, so I went up to his door and listened where he couldn't see me. I recognized the tune was for "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" but this is what I heard:
Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the drain.
Merrily, merrily
Down the drain.
I guess Grandpa's teaching him about the drain way back when he was over at their house helping out with the laundry stuck quite well. So well, in fact, that now the boat goes down the drain, too.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment