Sunday, January 18, 2009

James ~ 30 months old! ~

Today my "baby" is 30 months old. I know, I know... stop counting the months already! Here are some pictures and short commentaries with them to let you see what James has been up to, as well as a look back in time:


12/17/08 - It got really quiet one night when Michelle and the girls were over at our house visiting. So, I walked in James' room to find Grace, James, & Hope all on the bed reading books. Of course, by the time I went to get my camera, Hope had lost interest and moved on to something else.

12/20/08 - James poses with Grandpa, who was a wise man in their church's living nativity. If you live down here, check it out next year because it is a really great thing to do with your family at Christmas!


12/21/08 - This day 6 years ago, Matt and I got married. I can't believe it's been that many years already! Here we are at church in our Christmas attire. My mom made this beautiful red maternity dress for me! I felt so pretty and festive even though I was big... Thanks mom!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James just 1 year ago... at 18 months old

12/23/07 - Last year at Christmas, Stephen, Jamie & their baby, Dawn, came down for a visit. It was nice to meet Dawn, who was almost 3 months old and to spend time with them. James definitely found his baby cousin intriguing. She seemed pretty interested in him, too.


12/25/07 - A long-haired James kisses his cousin Dawn. So sweet, but now I look at that hair and cringe! Uck!

12/26/07 - I finally got up enough courage to try to cut James' hair (with the help of Daddy and VeggieTales). This was one of his first times ever watching a movie.


12/28/07 - James found something good in Mommy's purse. When I said something about it and went to grab the camera, he started really stuffing his face before I could take them away. It was pretty funny!
12/31/07 - James poses in front of his Cars couch that Grandma and Grandpa gave him for Christmas. He's also wearing the Cars robe that Aunt Dee gave him! Doesn't he look so cute?!


12/31/07 - New Year's Eve we had our parents over to ring in the New Year. James didn't quite make it to midnight to celebrate with us, though he was out in the living room with us asleep on his Cars couch bed.

1/5/08 & 1/7/08 - Remember these famous pictures from when James was falling asleep standing up in his crib? For the full story (a really good one!), see this post from almost one year ago when I started this blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James just 2 years ago... at 6 months old



12/23/07 - James ready for his first taste of "real food"... rice cereal! Doesn't he look thrilled?!

We didn't have a highchair yet, so we propped him up on the couch. Not a bad reaction for the first spoonful... I think some actually went in!

A better reaction when Daddy fed him. Maybe he got more in that bite. =o)

12/25/06 - James opening his stocking at Grandma & Grandpa's house.

1/1/07 - James really started playing with his tongue a lot more this month, which made for some really cute pictures!


1/8/07 - He looks so cute standing up on Daddy's lap in his PJs!

1/11/07 - He was very good at taking the two hanging animals off. Here he has the yellow one on his left leg and the red one out to his right.

1/12/07 - Now that takes talent! James had resorted to teething on just about anything at this point... even his own toes!



1/17/07 - He loved playing in his exersaucer. Note the colored rings he's managed to take off the post and stuff all around him in the seat.


1/18/07 - Went over to my parents' house and had a photo session with his 6 month shirt on. He's such a cutie!

No comments: