Thursday, September 25, 2008

Baby #2 September Update... It's a...

We went in today for the sonogram, and I was just praying the baby would cooperate so we could find out whether James will have a baby brother or a baby sister.

Well... we got in for the ultrasound and the sonographer asked us right away if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. Of course, we said that we definitely did and right after she started she said, "Well, it's a GIRL!" I couldn't believe it! Matt said, "Are you sure?" and she said there was NO doubt because when she started the sonogram, the baby's legs were wide open and she got a good look. =o)

We waited patiently while she took the pictures and measurements she needed for the doctor. Throughout the sonogram, our little girl was moving A LOT... at least that's what the sonographer said. I could barely feel it, but she said the baby was doing somersaults in there!

Then, she turned the screen so I could see our little girl, too. She told us that when she started the sonogram, the baby was on her back, but now she was turned around on her stomach... and she was still moving around a lot!! We may have a feisty one on our hands with this second baby after having "Mr. Cool" for the first one. (James was super laid back!)

After the sonogram, we met with Dr. Garzon and she said everything with the baby looks good. We still have a due date of Feb. 15th. There is one thing she's slightly concerned about and that's the placenta is down a little farther than she'd like to see. It's close to the cervix but not on it (like it would be in the case of placenta previa). She said we'll just check it again at 28 weeks to see if it's moved further away from the cervix... which means another sonogram... YEA!!! She said in most cases, especially with it still being so early and with it just being close but not on the cervix, it will move and we won't have to worry about anything. (When the placenta is on the cervix, it means a necessary C-section since you can't deliver the placenta before the baby.) So, we'll just pray it gets better over the next 8 weeks and that this was just an excuse for us to get another look at our little girl! =o)
The next appointment will be on Wednesday, October 29th, at 2:15 pm. I'll be doing the glucose test that day, which tests for signs of gestational diabetes. Hopefully everything will be good with that!

Here are the pictures from today of our little GIRL at 19 weeks, 4 days... =o)

She's facing us... and waving hello!


She has her arms up in front of her face (on the left side of the picture). Is she trying to hide or play peek-a-boo already?


This is the picture that tells it all... but in case you can't understand it. It's a view from below and it shows it's a GIRL!

PS- I've got to find my camera cord so I can post some pictures of my little "baby bump" and compare how I look now to how I looked with James. Easier said than done when you've just moved 3 1/2 weeks ago and you're still looking at lots of boxes! Ugh! =oP

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!!!!!
We are all so excited and it took Nicole a bit longer to settle down for bed tonight because of her excitement! She wants to know if we can babysit her and James together!!! We will be praying for your placenta/cervix issue.
Love,
Lisa

Stephen Cochrane said...

Congratulations! Little girls are lots of fun. I'm sure she will be a big blessing to you and the family. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Anonymous said...

Wow, a beautiful baby girl on the way in just a few short months. As Stephen says, little girls are lots of fun and you will be truly blessed by her addition to the family.

Congratulations, we couldn't be happier and I know James is looking forward to being a big brother. We will be praying for you and for your baby. Thanks for sharing . . .

Anonymous said...

yay, we are so happy. James was right, wasn't he? Choose your colors and we'll start a new blanket.

Emmy said...

YAY! I am very excited =) I am sure you are, too. Bows and dresses, dolls, and necklaces.... its all so much fun!

Karen said...

gm, I don't know about James being right... but a lot of people who DID make guesses were right. =o) (See link below to find out who guessed right!) Yea! We'll have to go register soon and figure out the colors we'll be doing in her room so you can start the blanket. Thanks grandmommy! =o)

http://thecochranechronicles.blogspot.com/2008/08/baby-2-august-update.html

Erika :-) said...

Yea!! Ribbons and bows and dresses and lots of pink and purple! Little girls are a blast! Can't wait to meet her! Praying that your placenta moves up in the next couple of weeks :-)

Erin said...

Congratulations!!! Lots of fun shopping in the next few months, right!? What happy news!