So, after finally gathering all the stuff I'd need we got over to their house, I fed Rebekah, clipped a few more coupons and headed off to Publix by myself (very excited to have some "alone time," even if it was just going to the grocery store).
James loves going over to Pops and Grandmommy's house. He also really loves reading Curious George stories these days. It actually kind of borders on a two-and-a-half-year-old version of an obsession. But, an obsession with reading books? Okay, I'm all for it. =o) So, his latest thing is climbing in their trees in the backyard and acting like a monkey. Today while we were there, he was playing in the backyard and I hear this:James: Ooo!Ooo! Ah!Ah!Ah! (making monkey noises while "climbing" in a tree)
Pops: Are you Curious George?
James: No, I'm Curious James!
Another great picture of "Curious James" climbing the tree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little bit later, before dinner, I overheard this conversation:
Pops: (to Grandmommy) Does he need a d-r-i-n-k?
Grandmommy: (to James) Would you like a drink?
James: Yes, I do! I need a d-n-k!!
Let's just say, um... this boy doesn't miss much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course, I couldn't post without including a couple pictures of Rebekah, too, from today. She's three weeks old and growing so much faster than her brother did at this age, but, then again, she's actually eating, too! I feel like I'm constantly feeding her, but at least I don't have to constantly pump as well like I did with James! I do still plan on posting about her birth. I'm working on it little by little, but I must confess any spare minutes I get usually become filled quickly with other necessary chores around the house or very occasionally a much-needed (and some might say well-deserved) nap!
Of course, I couldn't post without including a couple pictures of Rebekah, too, from today. She's three weeks old and growing so much faster than her brother did at this age, but, then again, she's actually eating, too! I feel like I'm constantly feeding her, but at least I don't have to constantly pump as well like I did with James! I do still plan on posting about her birth. I'm working on it little by little, but I must confess any spare minutes I get usually become filled quickly with other necessary chores around the house or very occasionally a much-needed (and some might say well-deserved) nap!


Ready for a nap? (The white on her tongue has been there for weeks, but the doctor said it's nothing to worry about.)




2 comments:
Oh, Karen- she is so cute! I just love that last picture! :)
She's precious! And I totally get you about alone time at Publix. Lol! It's one of my highlights because I refuse to go with both of the boys. It sounds so pathetic to look forward to grocery shopping, doesn't it?
So glad Rebekah's growing so well for you! I had the same experience with my two. :) James is such a cutie! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment