When I woke up (at almost 9:30!!) I bolted out of bed once I saw what time it was and came out to find James playing happily in his room and Matt on the computer. He tried earlier to go to sleep (it was his night off last night) but said he couldn't sleep, so he figured he'd let me get some extra sleep. (What an awesome hubby!)
Well, Matt told me that James had made a prediction this morning right after he woke up. First James said, "Who's coming over today?" (You have to understand that we've had a lot of company over to our house in recent days, so I guess he just figured someone else must be coming over today, too.)
So, Matt said in response to James' question, "I don't know. Who is coming over today?"
James said, "My sister is coming today!"
Matt repeated it to verify, "Your sister is coming today?!"
James very confidently replied, "Yes, she is!"
And, as much as I want to meet her, I sure hope James' prediction is wrong! I'm not too uncomfortable and am still very much enjoying my sleep! =o)
That got me thinking. It would be fun to have all our friends and family make their own predictions here on the blog... in black and white for all to see! We can see who is the closest to being right when she does finally decide to make her debut. So, make a comment telling what day and time you think she will be born. We'll announce the winner once she arrives.
Just for background info to help you make your predictions:
- James was born 3 days after his due date.
- I was in labor for about 23 hours (but in the hospital for about 14 hours of that 23) with James.
- He was born at 6:32 pm.
- My actual due date with this little girl is Februrary 15th.
So, have fun making your predictions, and we'll see in a couple weeks (hopefully) who was the closest!


13 comments:
I'll go first. My guess is February 17th sometime in the p.m. I just hope that isn't just wishful thinking.
I think that she will be born late on the afternoon of February 13. I also precdict that she will be absolutely gorgeous!
I think that she will be born on Valentine's Day. Feb 14th.
It will be a sweet day... and the flowers will be expensive!
I agree with Matt...it's going to be the 17th ...early to mid afternoon. 7 lbs. 1 oz.
I believe that the baby will be born on 2/14 around 11 AM. It will be a girl and she will weigh 6 lbs 9oz. She will be beautiful with very little blond hair and big blue eyes.
How exciting to be so close to the birth of your baby girl! I'll guess Feb. 16th in the early evening! I hope everything goes wonderfully!
Candace McCallister
I say the 14th ... Joe thinks the 17th. Hopefully your labor will be a lot shorter and easier this time too :-)
My first prediction is that it is going to be a girl!!!! lol!!!
The 14th, because that is just sweet. And...how about late afternoon, leaving just enough time for visitors and then a good night's sleep for the tired mama. :)
It's definitely going to be the 15th.
Okay so I am ready to make my prediction now. I say that the baby will be born tomorrow, (February 12,2009). Iam feeling very confident about my guess and can't wait to see if I win tomorrow. Love ya!
Sorry, Lisa, you can't make a prediction after you find out we're AT the hospital and that they're inducing me on the 12th (which would have been the case at 8:46 on Feb. 11th).
SOOOOOOOO... it looks like POPSTER was the closest with a guess of February 13th! I think he was also right on his prediction that she would be absolutely gorgeous! =o)
Congratulations, Popster! You WIN!!! =o)
Woohoo and yippee! I win!
I forget, now. Was the prize the large screen tv or the trip to Hawaii? Will the prize patrol be knocking on my door any day now? Be sure to let me know so I can be ready for them . . .
Post a Comment